Smoking: Contents of tobacco
Some substances found in tobacco smoke are:
- Nicotine is the addictive drug in tobacco. It is absorbed into the bloodstream and affects the brain within 10 seconds. It increases the heart rate and blood pressure by stimulating release of hormones such as adrenaline and constricting blood vessels.
- Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas found in car fumes, which reduces the amount of oxygen carried in the blood. Oxygen is vital for the body’s organs to function efficiently. The reduction in oxygen changes the consistency of the blood, making it thicker and putting the heart under increased strain as it pumps blood around the body. Carbon monoxide impairs absorption of essential nutrients and affects growth and repair of the body and is linked to heart disease, stroke and other circulatory problems.
- Tar contains many substances proven to cause cancer. Irritants found in tar damage the lungs causing narrowing of the tubes (bronchioles) and damaging the small hairs (cilia) that protect the lungs from dirt and infection.
- Benzene – a carcinogen (cancer causing chemical) found in petrol fumes.
- Nitrosamines – a carcinogen.
- Ammonia – used in anti-personnel spray and in cleaning products.
- Formaldehyde – an embalming fluid.
- Hydrogen Cyanide – an industrial pollutant, also used as a method of execution in the USA.
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) – carcinogens also found in diesel exhaust and other combustion products.
Book a Stop Smoking Hypnotherapy Treatment with Susannah
When you are ready, book your Stop Smoking Hypnotherapy Treatment with Susannah and she will help you become a non-smoker.
At the beginning of your session, Susannah will discuss all the associations you have with smoking, along with when you started smoking, why you started, why you want to stop and how the habit has become part of your lifestyle.
Then during the hypnotherapy part of the session itself, Susannah will use this information to free you from your habit, whilst you comfortably and enjoyably enter a beautiful, natural state of relaxation. Although you will be relaxed, you will still be aware of everything going on around you and will remain in complete control. You will not enter into a strange ‘trance’. All you will feel is beautifully relaxed throughout.
Leaving the session as a happy, confident non-smoker, you will feel relaxed, calm and at ease, ready to enjoy better health, greater wealth, and a huge sense of achievement!